Thursday 25 June 2015

Dinner for one? Baked eggs in avocado recipe

The month of June in our household has meant a lot of late nights working for OH as well as a trip away. I have been on full-time bath and bed-time duty and so by the time I get round to making some dinner for me, I just want something on my plate as soon as possible - cue eyeing up the cereal cupboard....

But this week I have been inspired and have found a rather tasty, healthy and (most importantly) easy recipe which I wanted to share - Baked Eggs in Avocado.


Super simple and very easy to make.

All you need is:
1 avocado
2 eggs
salt and pepper
paprika/cayenne pepper
salad (whatever is in your fridge -  I've used tomatoes, basil, feta cheese and spring onion)
balsamic vinegar

All you need to do is:
- preheat the oven to 220 degrees (fan)
- halve the avocado
- place the two halves in a baking dish or ramekin
- crack one egg into each of the avocado halves ( be careful to keep the avocado upright and try and pour the yolk in first - this can get a bit messy)
- season with salt and pepper and paprika
- bake in oven for 15 minutes or until the egg is cooked through
- top with salad and a splash of balsamic vinegar

And voila! A tasty, simple, summer dinner. Enjoy ☺️

For more information about this recipe click here
 photo signature_zpscfe28285.png

No comments:

Post a Comment